Crystal Green Initiatives
We are a 4 Green Key Hotel...
The Crystal Lodge and Suites is proud to announce that on December 20th 2010, we were rated a 4 Green Key property by Green Key Global. The Green Key Eco-Rating Program is a graduated rating system (1-5 keys) designed to recognize hotels that are committed to improving their environmental and fiscal performance. Since being awarded 3 Green Keys back in 2008, The Crystal Lodge and Suites has made significant improvements to our green practices and policies. These changes have allowed us to reduce our environmental impact and operating costs through reduced utility consumption, employee training and supply chain management.
Thank you to our Green Team, staff and guests for your continued support! For more information, suggestions or feedback please email Rachel Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE GREEN TEAM
The Crystal Lodge Green Team was formed in 2008. The team consists of 6 department representatives who meet frequently to share guest and staff ideas regarding improvements that we could make to become a greener and more sustainable hotel and work place. Since its formation, many 'Green Initiatives' have been implemented.
- Free parking for Hybrid vehicles
- 'Crystal Clear Choice' - when housekeeping is not required, $5 per day is donated to The David Suzuki Foundation
- Recycling of paper, cardboard, toner cartridges, glass, batteries, plastic and tin/aluminum
- Recycling bins in all guest rooms and offices
- Biodegradable key cards
- Energy efficient lighting in over 75% of the building
- Low flow toilets, shower heads and tap aerators in guest rooms
- Conservation of water and energy with our linen reuse program: 'Hang Your Towel'
- Smart use of recycled paper and double sided printing in offices
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Use of Energy Star appliances
- Use of waste compactor to reduce volume of waste going for disposal
- Motion sensors, lights-off and thermostat policies in place
- Materials/supplies that no longer meet guests' standards are donated to local charities such as Lookout Society
- Support of our community through the Crystal Cares Program
- Staff education and training programs
- Participation in Earth Day and Earth Hour
My girlfriend and I are in our late 20's. We drove up from Seattle for the long holiday weekend. The hotel is literally in the center of it all! Excellent location. We arrived early and checked in around noon. We were told the room wasn't ready yet but we could give them a cell phone number if the room came available early. They called within about 30 min. The service was great! The room was clean and very comfortable. Being in the center of the village we had everything at our finger tips! Great Hotel! I will be back in the winter for sure!
Derek | USA